Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Philosophy Review: Purity Made Simple, Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash, Hope in a Jar

I have been using the same skincare regiment for a little while now with Philosophy products. I thought I would share a review of these products with you. I have strange skin lol! It is oily and dry at the same time, I have large pores and I break out quite easily. It has been a constant challenge since I was a teenager to keep my breakouts under control and my skin looking decent. These three philosophy products have done me well but I am still on the search for that miracle product….if it even exists!!






Purity Made Simple ($26 CAD at Sephora):
I use this product morning and night. I really like the feel and it has a nice light pleasant smell. My face definitely feels clean after using it. The product does not seem harsh on my skin so I would say it is suitable for sensitive skin. I really do like this face wash but I haven't noticed much of a difference in the size of my pores. It did however keep breakouts to a minimum. A little bit goes a long way so it is worth the money.









Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash ($27 CAD at Sephora):
I only use this product at night. Because I have sensitive skin I found it to be too harsh to use twice a day (but some may be able to). It doesn't have much of a smell at all. My face feels clean and smooth after using this product. It is a little bit gritty (but in a good way). Again I didn't notice much of a difference in the size of my pores and there was no change in the oiliness of my skin. A little bit goes a long way so it is worth the money.










Hope in a Jar ($52 CAD a Sephora):
I usually just used this in the morning but sometimes at night too. It has a very light smell. It is a non-greasy formula and dries really fast. This is a good thing for me because of my oily skin. Although I like this product and it does provide moisture I find it to be a little expensive.






Overall I really like these Philosophy products because they are great for sensitive skin and they don't seem harsh. I think they would work really well on a lot of skin types. If you have complicated skin (like me!), I would still give these products a try. I am happy with them but just not blown away. I will be forever searching for that perfect skincare regiment! If you have any recommendations let me know!

Thanks for reading!

- Jessie Mac



Image Sources:
http://hudabeauty.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/purity.jpg
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhMUhFeoI5bwju_k8wmjvtDnbdFpg90_S4IvSya8HAqHG67X_usIoTSedpdKWGzU4wcq8wIZhv5CB5NyEV4cBcZdP5d6ecsvi1BnuISj54ZOQNNlXr8mrYaKaz3avCpqSn1eaoqpRY2YgQ/s1600/a3.jpg
http://c4.beautybar.com/images/products/p/phi/phi-127_1z.jpg

3 comments:

  1. I think your skin looks great. The best results (smaller pores, less oily) i've had was before my wedding when I consistently used cleanser, toner and mousturizer routine from the vichy normaderm line. I need to start washing my face at night... bad habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete